I have decided it is time to post something besides Meal Plans. I am getting a bit more brave in the blogging world so here I am spreading my wings a little more. I feel I should insert a disclaimer that I am nowhere near a food photographer but I promise what I make tastes good.
In all honestly, posting recipes is a selfish endeavor. This one for example, is my own and I might find it helpful to have access to an electronic version if there is ever a time I am in desperate need of granola and do not have access to the recipe card.
Month’s ago I found myself in need of a granola that was void of processed sugars, gluten free, and less expensive…granola is stupid expensive. I decided it was time to learn to make my own. Fast forward to now and I’ve pulled from about five different recipes to create the one we love best. It is possible to make it even healthier by adding all agave and no honey, and coconut oil instead of butter but sometimes you just don’t want to sacrifice the flavor and I get that. That’s the reason I came up with my own recipe anyway. I want it the way I want it! So feel free to add whatever and use whichever ingredients you desire. It’s a very forgiving recipe.
We LOVE granola in this house. It’s not just for breakfast, granola is good any time of the day! Our granola bucket empties quickly on account of sometimes I just skip the milk or yogurt and eat spoonfuls of it by myself…’
What do you like to add to your granola? Nuts, berries? Share Below!
Any Time Granola
- 3 c GF oats
- 1 c sliced almonds
- 1/2 c plus 3 tbsp honey or agave (I use half and half)
- 4-5 tbsp butter or coconut oil (I use half and half)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 c rice krispies
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Mix oats and almonds together on a jelly roll pan and toast for 10 minutes, stir half way through.
- Combine all wet ingredients plus cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and add chia seeds, coconut, rice krispies.
- Dump oat and almond mixture in with the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil. Dump granola mixture and spread across the pan.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Stir mixtures and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Turn oven off and let granola sit in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Love People. Make them Yummy Food.